We promised greater things …
The WAW Fiction Masterclasses are one-day fiction intensives rolled out by WAW Project Series. They are chapters of fiction classes making up a syllabus that is taught over a period, each chapter rolled out as a separate Masterclass event. This allows experienced writers to select areas of weakness to focus on, while still affording amateur writers the opportunity to learn all the elements of fiction writing.
The first Masterclass focuses on Character, themed, How to build an iceberg (and great fictional characters while at it). It will focus on building fully-formed fictional characters and bringing them to life on the page by revealing them to readers with time-tested techniques.
It will be facilitated by Akumbu Uche and Suyi Davies Okungbowa.
In partnership with Goethe Institut, Lagos, Nigeria, WAW Project Series is therefore happy to bring you:
WAW Fiction Masterclass: A one-day intensive writing class, free!
Theme: How to Build an Iceberg (and great Fictional Characters while at it)
Date: Friday 23rd September, 2016
Venue: Goethe Insitut, 4th Floor, Lagos City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, opposite Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Only 20 seats are available. Selections are based on familiarity with fiction writing and strength of purpose. See submission guidelines below:
- To apply, email email@example.com with the subject: “WAW FM Application: [Your full name]” (e.g. WAW FM Application: John Doe)
- In the email body, give us your name, contact details (email and mobile number), age (if you don’t mind) and location.
- Submit up to 300 words of fiction you’ve written (published or unpublished). It could be a complete story, a vignette or a portion of a story or book. Copy and paste in the email: no attachments, please!
- Below your writing sample, include a brief statement of purpose (100 words, max) telling us your reason for applying to this masterclass and what you plan to do with the knowledge you gain.
- Send this to us before midnight of Sunday 18 September, 2016. All applications received after this period will not be considered.
Only 20 seats are available. Candidates will be selected based on their familiarity with fiction writing and strength of purpose. Only selected candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by Wednesday 21st September, 2016, assume we have not selected your application.
More information will be coming your way soon about the amazing writers who will be teaching this masterclass.
You don’t want to be left out. Start submitting now!
WAW Project Series is a provider of events, services and resources dedicated to the development of writers and readers
Words Are Work … and fun too!