Alara is a contemporary design store, dedicated to the fusion of African and international fashion, art, design, cuisine and culture. The flagship Alara store is located in Victoria Island, the commercial and lifestyle hub of the city of Lagos, in Nigeria.
Alara was created to connect African consumers to world-class luxury lifestyle experiences … and they are HIRING!
Role: Social Media and Content Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Experience: 2 – 4 years
Content developers are essentially involved in the creation, development, and editing of content for various activities related to online marketing as well as front-end web development.
We are looking for a talented digital content developer and copy writer with a passion for social media and inbound marketing you will have a proven track record writing compelling copy that connects with a youth audience.
- Creation of new content
- Rewrite the existing content or edit and proofread content.
- Source, edit, generate and optimize content for blog and social platforms-copy, images and videos.
- Understanding of the objectives of the organization, target audience to develop simple, easy-to-understand, user friendly content while employing good search engine optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Edit/proof read articles for website, blog and social media platform.
- Working within the marketing team to develop and implement the content plan across digital platforms (Web, Blog, Social, and EDM) to support brand, program and marketing strategies.
- Produce compelling EDMs to drive lead generation across our programs through inbound marketing initiatives.
- Drive an increase in community members and engagement across social platforms through implementation of social campaigns.
- Copy writing and editing across a range of communication platforms: EDMs,
- Blog, website, social, media releases, printed brochures and presentations.
- Update of marketing collateral to support program sales as required.
- Implementation of marketing campaigns to drive awareness of brand and programs.
- Daily monitoring of social media channels.
- Tracking and reporting on effectiveness of communications campaigns.
- Reporting to Marketing Manager.
- Proven ability to write compelling content for audiences including youth and media.
- Experience in building social campaigns or inbound marketing to support wider brand and program marketing strategies.
- Proven ability in developing, sourcing and editing content for blogs, EDMs, web, social platforms, media releases and brochure collateral.
- Ability to develop content calendars and implement a content plan across social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Flair for creating visually strong content that drives social engagement.
- Understanding of what makes content go viral and generating more of it to achieve community growth targets.
- Understanding SEO and how to develop content to leverage it.
- Live and breathe social media – across the latest developments and platforms.
- Familiar working with a CMS, Hubspot or Pardot, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Buffer and Google Analytics.
- 1-2 years’ experience in copy writing / digital content development in a fast paced environment.
- Tertiary qualified in Media/Journalism / PR /Advertising / Marketing.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours to manage social. Fairly good knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Macromedia flash, MS- FrontPage etc. would be of benefit in this profession.
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Application closes on September 30, 2016.
Words Are Work … and fun too!